Alexander Aronec is running for Ottawa City Council for Ward 5–West Carleton– March. Born in Toronto, he lived in the Jane Finch corridor. He moved to Kanata [Glen Cairn] at the age of 1 along with his parents. For the last 11 years he has resided in Rural Kanata/Ward 5. Alexander is proud that his family history goes back numerous generations in the Ottawa Valley, with Alexander being a member of the 8th generation. He attended Rolland Michener Public School, W. Erskine Johnston Public School and West Carleton Secondary School. Currently he is completing his degree in Political Science at Carleton.
Alexander is a self admitted “political junkie” and has been active in various aspects of Politics for several years. During High School he ran for and was elected to successively more significant roles within the student Government. His ability was recognized and he was invited to attend the “Forum for Young Canadians” and later, to the Presidential Classroom Future Leader Summit held in Ottawa and Washington respectively.
Alexander volunteered for, and served on the City of Ottawa, Parks and Recreation Committee in 2008 and 2009. In addition to this, he has been and remains an active member of Scouts Canada. As if school and volunteering didn’t consume enough of his time, he also currently has 2 part time jobs, one in a small ‘Mom and Pop” retail establishment and the other as a Contract Administrator for a Consulting firm.
- Interest vs. Values by Alexander Aronec
- Clash of Visions by Alexander Aronec
- El-Chantiry’s choice by Alexander Aronec
- Generation Y on government spending by Alexander Aronec
- Winning is a four year contract by Alexander Aronec
- Lobbyist Registry by Alexander Aronec
- Entitlement - A concept past its expiry date by Alexander Aronec
- Campaigning is serious business by Alexander Aronec
- Who Cares about the City Budget? by Alexander Aronec
- I was just getting to that....by Alexander Aronec
- Aronec of LRT by Alexander Aronec